The tutorials in this section are written to use the ExpiringMultiParty (EMP) contract, which is the first available production ready template of a synthetic token. The EMP allows developers to quickly launch expiring synthetic tokens, such as the UMA yield dollar, but is by no means a limitation on the types of financial contracts that a developer could create.
After following the quick start guide and deploying your first synthetic token, you can follow this general build process to launch and secure a mainnet version of your expiring synthetic token.
- Finalize your contract design.
- Apply to the UMA developer mining program.
- Propose a new price identifier or collateral type.
- Deploy your contract.
- Mint your first synthetic tokens to set the contract GCR.
- Deploy liquidator and dispute bots to secure your contract.
- Finalize your developer mining and start receiving rewards.
It is highly recommended that you perform steps 4-6 on Kovan before moving to mainnet.