The tutorials in this section are written to use the ExpiringMultiParty (EMP) contract, which is the first available production ready template of a synthetic token. The EMP allows developers to quickly launch expiring synthetic tokens, such as the UMA yield dollar, but is by no means a limitation on the types of financial contracts that a developer could create.
After following the quick start guide and deploying your first synthetic token, you can follow this general build process to launch and secure a mainnet version of your expiring synthetic token.
- Finalize your contract design.
- Apply to the UMA developer mining program.
- Propose a new price identifier or collateral type.
- Deploy your contract.
- Mint your first synthetic tokens to set the contract GCR.
- Deploy liquidator and dispute bots to secure your contract.
- Finalize your developer mining and start receiving rewards.
It is highly recommended that you perform steps 4-6 on Kovan before moving to mainnet.
To receive support in your build process, especially if you wish to receive developer mining rewards, please make sure to reach out in the UMA Discord and also fill out the Developer Mining Whitelist Application as well as the Contract Launch Tracker.